We are Triangle Media
Triangle Media Partners is the largest lifestyle influencer in the Triangle and expert audience and content builders. Our marketing strategists offer custom, flexible and thoughtful marketing solutions for local businesses with targeted multimedia audiences. We help your organization grow traffic, leads and awareness. Our team is dedicated to quality local content that serves our readers, local businesses and the community.
We are an Orange County Living Wage employer, and we are proud to say that we are a majority female-owned organization.
- Support the Customer
- Love Your Community
- Enthusiasm First
- Buy Local
- Quality Always Wins
Rory Kelly Gillis
President of Triangle Digital Partners
President of Triangle Media Partners
Corporate + Administration
Vice President of Finance & Administration
Executive Managing Editor
Editor, Chapel Hill Magazine
Managing Editor, Chatham Magazine
John Michael Simpson
Art + Production
Khadijah Weekes Nolan
Jean Carlos Rosario-Montalvo
Publisher, Heart of NC Weddings
Senior Account Executive
Triangle Digital Partners
Digital Operations Manager
Customer Service Specialist
Our host of magazine and digital publishing supports more than 100 nonprofits and events every year with over $150,000 of sponsorship advertising investment. Our team sits on the following boards and committees:
- NAACP of Orange County
- The Greater Chapel Hill Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
- Chatham Chamber of Commerce
- The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center
- The Carolina Theatre of Durham
- NC Alumni Committee for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- UNC Board of Visitors
- Pittsboro Rotary and Chatham Chamber of Commerce
- Meals on Wheels
- GiGi’s Playhouse
- Band Together
- Hillsborough Chamber of Commerce
- Triangle Non-profit Volunteer and Leadership Center
- Helius Foundation
Diversity + Inclusion
Triangle Media Partners is an equal-opportunity employer that pledges to not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
At Triangle Media Partners, our approach to diversity is simple – it’s about embracing everyone. We want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints. We reflect these same values in our relationships with our greater community, customers and vendors.
Heart of NC Weddings, Triangle Media Partners
Preferred location: Wake County.
Sales & Marketing focused individual. Sells advertising and marketing services for Heart of NC Weddings Magazine and Website. Maintains relationships with clients, attends events, and executes event social media. May assist in some special projects, magazine and website, on photoshoots and event planning & execution.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with strengths in communication, customer relationships and creative social media creation. A passion for weddings and for the local businesses that make up this industry is a huge plus. Some evening and weekend work required.
How to apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Ellen Shannon. Tell her why you’d make a great member of our team!
Triangle Media Partners (formerly Shannon Media Inc.) seeks an editorial assistant. This is a part-time, in-office position.
Job duties include:
- Updating our directories (restaurants, summer camps, independent schools, etc.);
- Writing short feature stories for our lifestyle publications and websites;
- Representing the magazines at community events and taking photos;
- Attending photo shoots to assist/take notes;
- Some assistance in writing/editing/publishing blogs, social media posts and newsletters;
- Proofing copy;
- Compiling information for event calendars;
- Fact-checking stories;
- Overseeing editorial interns;
- Researching story ideas;
- Completing various administrative tasks and additional duties as required.
The ideal candidates will be creative, organized, collaborative and detail-oriented with a passion for publishing and for the communities we represent. Some evening and weekend work required.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field. Previous publication experience required. Previous magazine experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of AP Style.
- Strong organizational skills and time-management skills.
- An obsessive attention to detail and commitment to high quality and accuracy.
- A proficiency in using Mac computers. Experience working in WordPress. Knowledge of InDesign is a plus.
- A familiarity with our products.
- We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and three writing clips to Executive Managing Editor Amanda MacLaren (email@example.com). Tell her why you’d make a great member of our team!
Graphic Designer/Production Assistant
We are looking for a Graphic Designer/Production Assistant who thrives in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of experience in design, preferably in an advertising/marketing environment. They will be fully proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, flexible and able to work under pressure, and have superb communication skills! This is a full-time, salaried, in-office position with benefits.
Responsibilities will include ad design, editorial layout, customer service, digital ad banners and promotional collateral for products and events.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Must be flexible, able to work under pressure with tight deadlines, stay organized, and have good communication skills with an eye toward quality at all times.
A little more about the job:
- Design Print Ads for magazines and Digital Display Ads in accordance with established branding under the direction of senior team members.
- Design and track email blasts for external clients from material intake to final production.
- Design and maintain corporate collateral materials and marketing/event items throughout the year.
- Assist and maintain Ad traffic for assigned clients and projects (monitoring daily emails, intake materials, making revisions and confirming approvals).
- Maintain weekly status reports for Print Ads and Eblasts within our CRM system to track progress and stay on deadline.
- Manage client communications on a daily basis, providing exceptional customer service to all external and internal clients.
How to apply
Please provide a resume, cover letter, and portfolio or samples of your work directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications solely through LinkedIn will not be considered.
We offer editorial internships in our Chapel Hill office (with a fully vaccinated staff) where students will gain experience fact checking, copy editing and writing for both print and web. Interns will work on all three publications – Chapel Hill Magazine, Durham Magazine & Chatham Magazine. An ideal intern would be proactive and communicative and would have experience with WordPress, AP Style and social media. Spring & fall internships are 10 hours a week; summer & winter internships are 20-30 hours a week. Past interns have gone on to work or intern at Real Simple, Garden & Gun, Washingtonian and The Local Palate. The internship is unpaid but we will work with students to get school credit, and a select few interns will be invited back for another semester for a paid internship.
Additionally, we are also looking for interns for Heart of NC Weddings magazine and also social media interns who will draft social posts, interact on our social media accounts across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and more. If you’d like to apply, please send email@example.com a resume and writing samples with “editorial internship” “Heart of NC Weddings internship” or “social media internship” in the subject line. Deadline to apply: winter 2021 (Dec 6) and spring 2022 (Dec. 15)