We are Triangle Media
Triangle Media Partners is the largest lifestyle influencer in the Triangle and expert audience and content builders. Our marketing strategists offer custom, flexible and thoughtful marketing solutions for local businesses with targeted multimedia audiences. We help your organization grow traffic, leads and awareness. Our team is dedicated to quality local content that serves our readers, local businesses and the community.
We are an Orange County Living Wage employer, and we are proud to say that we are a majority female-owned organization.
- Support the Customer
- Love Your Community
- Enthusiasm First
- Buy Local
- Quality Always Wins
Rory Kelly Gillis
President of Triangle Digital Partners
President of Triangle Media Partners
Corporate + Administration
Vice President of Finance & Administration
Office Administration & Accounting Assistant
Executive Managing Editor
Editor, Chapel Hill Magazine
Managing Editor, Chatham Magazine; Digital Growth Strategist
Senior Staff Writer
John Michael Simpson
Art + Production
Director of Creative Operations
Graphic Designer/Production Coordinator
Khadijah Weekes Nolan
Jean Carlos Rosario-Montalvo
Publisher, Heart of NC Weddings
Senior Account Executive
Triangle Digital Partners
Search Marketing Manager
Digital Operations Manager
Our host of magazine and digital publishing supports more than 100 nonprofits and events every year with over $150,000 of sponsorship advertising investment. Our team sits on the following boards and committees:
- NAACP of Orange County
- The Greater Chapel Hill Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
- Chatham Chamber of Commerce
- The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center
- NC Alumni Committee for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- UNC Board of Visitors
- Pittsboro Rotary and Chatham Chamber of Commerce
- Meals on Wheels
- GiGi’s Playhouse
- Band Together
- Hillsborough Chamber of Commerce
- Triangle Non-profit Volunteer and Leadership Center
- Helius Foundation
Diversity + Inclusion
Triangle Media Partners is an equal-opportunity employer that pledges to not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
At Triangle Media Partners, our approach to diversity is simple – it’s about embracing everyone. We want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints. We reflect these same values in our relationships with our greater community, customers and vendors.
Triangle Media Partners inspires people to live their best lives by connecting and informing lifestyle decisions through the largest curated audience in the Triangle. We are an independently owned print, digital, custom publishing and event company. Triangle Digital Partners is our agency that provides digital marketing services. We also publish Durham Magazine, Chapel Hill Magazine, Chatham Magazine, The Triangle Weekender, Heart of NC Weddings and numerous custom publishing titles including the DPAC Broadway Series Program. Additionally, we stage our annual “Best of” events in three counties and Women of Achievement events, as well as wine and food events.
We're seeking a sales professional in the Triangle area who wants to grow with us. Your role will involve creatively selling our high-quality print, digital, and event products while nurturing relationships with our valued customers.
In this position you will:
- Establish relationships to sell advertising and marketing services
- Engage in networking opportunities
- Discover revenue streams by prospecting
- Service current active advertisers
- Collaborate with sales team/manager to increase revenue ideas and meet goals
- Work closely with creative and marketing team to ensure client's marketing plan is successful
- Deliver monthly or quarterly reporting for digital clients
- A minimum or 2 years in advertising sales, preferably media print or digital marketing sales
- Knowledge of Durham, Orange, Chatham and/or Wake business community is preferred
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding advertising sales goals
- Must have strong aptitude for working with tech – we use Apple computers and software like AdOrbit, Basecamp, Google Drive, PowerPoint, Excel and more
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Self-starter, energetic, competent, professional, money-motivated, team player, networker, relationship-driven, agile, enthusiastic and goal-oriented
Please send resumes to Ellen.Shannon@trianglemediapartners.com.
Benefits include health, vision, dental, simple IRA with a match, life Insurance policy, disability insurance, company lunches 2x per month, tickets to various community events and performances, company shut down for a week at the end of the year and more!
Senior Print Designer
This member of our team will design editorial pages for various magazines, inserts and additional projects. They will be responsible for supporting the design direction of the Creative Director while bringing new design ideas to the team. The ideal candidate will be a talented and experienced designer who: loves print work, but has a portfolio of impressive print and digital projects; is passionate about the communities we represent; is excited to help us bring our products to life. The best fit for this role will know how to work well with a team, manage their time with deadlines and stay creative! This is a freelance position.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of graphic design experience in a professional environment.
- 1-2 years of art direction or photography work.
- Previous editorial print work preferred in magazines, books or marketing collateral. Familiarity with print production processes.
- Familiarity with Mac, Adobe CC 2023, Basecamp/Asana/Slack-type software programs. Canva experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Friendly individual who collaborates well with a larger creative team.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Passionate about print design with a portfolio to support that.
A little about us:
Triangle Media Partners is a company of self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Our team of nearly 30 is comprised of full-time and freelance designers, editors, photographers, sales experts and digital marketing strategists. We produce lifestyle publications Chapel Hill Magazine, Chatham Magazine, Durham Magazine, Heart of NC Weddings and The Triangle Weekender, in addition to custom publishing projects like the DPAC Broadway programs and The Assembly Magazine. We are home to Triangle Digital Partners, our growing digital agency that services the greater Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area. We also host annual events and programs throughout the year such as the Best of Chapel Hill and Durham, Women of Achievement and Sip+Savor/Taste the Event at DPAC. We work with our 700+ advertising clients, producing striking print and digital products that tell their individual marketing messages. Check out more of what we do at trianglemediapartners.com and triangledigitalpartners.com. Sound like something you want to be a part of? See below to apply.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants without portfolios will not be reviewed.
We are looking for editorial interns who will gain experience fact checking, copy editing and writing for both print and web. Interns will work across all three city mag publications – Chapel Hill Magazine, Durham Magazine & Chatham Magazine – plus annuals like the visitors and relocation guides. Interns need to be proactive, organized and meticulous, and ideal interns would have experience with AP Style, WordPress and writing or editing for a student publication. Past interns have gone on to work or intern at Real Simple, Garden & Gun, Our State, Washingtonian and The Local Palate. If you’d like to apply for the editorial internship, please email a resume and writing samples to email@example.com with “editorial internship” in the subject line.
We are also looking for a digital intern to help execute a social media strategy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and turn print articles into web posts, IG stories and other videos for social media. For the digital internships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a resume, links to IG Reels or TikToks, and online story samples that exemplify creative headline writing.
We are also looking for interns for Heart of NC Weddings magazine. Interns will have the opportunity to attend wedding industry events including vendor showcases and venue open houses, gain experience drafting weekly blog posts for the website and write posts for social media accounts. The ideal intern will have experience with WordPress, an attention to detail and enthusiasm for creating engaging social media content. If you’d like to apply for the Heart of NC Weddings internship, please email a resume and writing samples to email@example.com with “HONCW internship” in the subject line.
The internships are hybrid and interns choose their days/hours; ideally interns could work a shift or two in Chapel Hill office (with a fully vaccinated staff) each week.
- Spring (early January through last week of April) & fall (mid-August through last week in November, plus the second week in December) internships are 10 hours a week
- Summer (May through August) & winter (December/January) internships are 20-30 hours a week.
- Deadlines to apply: Dec. 12 (spring 2024), March 1 (summer 2024). If you've missed the deadline, reach out to inquire as sometimes we take intern applications on a rolling basis depending on the need.
- The internship is unpaid but we will work with students to get school credit, and a select few interns will be invited back for another semester for a paid internship ($12/hour, starting in 2024)